Very often I find myself musing, “I use this thing ALL THE TIME…” about some object in our home. Things that make life easier, or more fun, or cheaper. For the next few Mondays, I’ll be spotlighting these household heroes and inviting them to take a bow – before they get back to work!
Household Heroes: The Spray Bottle
Ah, spray bottles and their many uses. How did I ever live without them? I say “them” because I use at least three of them regularly. This is not counting the store-bought bottles of cleaning fluid, etc. No… homemade heroes.
Just how many uses have I found for these so far?
- Spraying our daily bread before it goes into the oven.
- Misting our house plants.
- Spritzing Riley’s cloth diapers with a mix of water, vinegar, and lavender (keeps the flies away… you know…).
- Misting a good hairdo (not that I ever linger that long anymore to try).
- Mixing up a good aphid killer and spraying our tomato plants out back.
- Hydrating seedlings in the basement when they’re too weak to be really watered.
- Keeping a palette of acrylic paints from drying out mid-project.
- Spraying homemade cleaner on windows and mirrors.
- Squirting an errant family member who just NEEDS to be wet??? Must try.
And if you live in any number of my family member’s houses – disciplining a misbehaving cat.
Depending on where you shop, you can pick up a squirt/spray bottle for about $1-$2. Very little investment for all the work it will do for you.
And for whatever reason, I just find them fun to use. Maybe the next time I’m feeling cranky, I should pick up the kitchen one that has nothing in it but water, and squirt something random. A shoe. The microwave. My ear. It would probably lift my mood.
I’m sure there’s many more uses for these things, but I’m a little cloudy in the head lately, running on little sleep. So can you help me out?
If you own a spray bottle, what do you use it for?